Developer Solution

New Build Flats & Apartments

Our solution will be determined by your requirements, and is tailored to suit new build development or existing buildings with ...

Our solution will be determined by your requirements, and is tailored to suit new build development or existing buildings with  designated or shared parking spaces used by multiple drivers.

Planning obligations stipulate the charging provisions required for each new property development, and Virtus Energy work with developers to meet and exceed their planning requirements with live units and EV sockets wired for future use, reducing future civil and electric costs.

“The London Plan calls for 20% of car parking spaces in new build developments to have ready-to-use chargers. The remaining 80% must be ready for them to be installed at a later date.”

Areas of focus need to be: 

  • Planning requirements
  • Demand from residents 
  • Sustainability
  • Potential increase in property value

Developers should be aware of the need to safeguard the future of their buildings by ensuring the requisite EV chargers are installed.

The easiest way to ensure this is to plan them well in advance. Running cables from existing buildings to develop charging infrastructure is typically harder than getting them installed at the build stage of a development. 

So if your new development has a car park, a conduit can be laid to run sub-surface power to the parking area.

Whereas in an existing building, a trench will have to be dug to lay the cable which could be costly and complex.

What is a Section 106?

A Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, is in place to allow local planning authorities (LPA’s) to enter into a legally binding and enforceable agreement with a property developer for the purpose of restricting or regulating a development or use of the land. Planning requirements under a Section 106 now need to include ‘sustainable energy policies’, ensuring that a new development generates a certain level of energy from renewable sources. Renewable sources can be as a result of solar panels on roofs or even wind turbines, but these can significantly add to the cost of building the development and therefore increase the price of a new home to prospective buyers.

Why is EV charging important for a Section 106?

Electric vehicle charging points qualify for a Section 106. Virtus Energy can help you future proof each of your developments that have designated parking allocation through the installation of an electric vehicle charging socket at the development stage. Allowing you to remove all future burden, management or installation of equipment, whilst making your properties more desirable.